Crowns and Bridges
Crowns and Bridges
Restorative dental treatments like crowns (caps) and bridges are one of the most important services offered at Smile Dental Centre in London, Ontario. Teeth that are missing or damaged by decay are unhealthy, unattractive, and also get in the way of enjoying your life. The simplest actions like eating and speaking can become a challenge, and you may feel like hiding your smile.
Versatile Dental Crowns (Caps)
Since crowns are designed to completely surround a natural tooth, they are also referred to as “caps”. Crowns strengthen and protect the remaining tooth structure and can improve the appearance of your teeth. The ability to completely hide the natural tooth makes crowns the perfect choice for addressing cosmetic imperfections. A well-made dental crown acts just like a natural tooth, restoring your ability to speak and chew normally.
Crowns can be made from different materials including the full porcelain/zirconia crown, the porcelain fused-to-metal crown and the all-metal crown. At Smile Dental Centre in London, Ontario we work with each patient to determine which type is best for you, depending upon the strength requirements of your tooth and your aesthetic concerns.
There are several situations where a dental crown (cap) is the most effective treatment:
- A previously filled tooth now contains more filling than tooth
- The existing tooth structure becomes weakened and can no longer support the filling
- Extensive damage through decay has occurred
- A tooth shows discoloration and compromised aesthetics
- Root canal therapy has taken place, because teeth tend to become brittle and are more apt to fracture afterward
- Missing teeth are replaced with a dental bridge, the adjacent teeth require crowns in order to support the replacement teeth.
- Restoration of dental implants
At Smile Dental Centre in London, Ontario, we offer Cerec One Appointment Crowns, crowns (caps) made in one appointment while you wait in the office. To Find out more please visit Cerec One Appointment Crowns.
Fixed Bridges for a Beautiful, Healthy Smile
A missing tooth can be unattractive and can make chewing and speaking difficult, however using a bridge restores function, improves your appearance and can help with your oral health. Even if one tooth is missing, adjacent teeth will gradually start drifting into the gap. This movements may cause tooth misalignment and can eventually create more problems like teeth grinding and even TMJ disorder.
At Smile Dental Centre in London, Ontario we have placed many dental bridges to accomplish the following:
- Fill the space left by a missing tooth
- Keep neighboring teeth from drifting into the empty space
- Provide a permanent alternative to a removable partial denture
- Restore chewing function
- Address one’s aesthetic concerns
A well-made bridge is attached securely to adjacent teeth and is very stable. In certain cases, however, we may determine that stabilizing the bridge with a dental implant will provide significantly improved function.
Please Contact Smile Dental Centre or fill the Free Cosmetic Consultation From to learn about all your options for restoring your beautiful smile. At Smile Dental Centre we believe in Dentistry for Health and Beauty!!
Free Cosmetic Consultancy
Contact us today and get a free cosmetic or invisalign consultation